Search

kashmir Gazette

Headache for Indian agencies: Phone of Abu-Dujana sent to US for cracking as all Indian techies failed 


SRINAGAR: The security grid that had recovered the iPhone7 that is believed to have been prized possession Of abu-Dujana is yet to crack it, the Hindu newspaper reported. After police failed to get into the phone, it has been sent to NIA and that has shipped it to US for cracking.
Quoting sources in the security grid, the newspaper has termed abu Dujana as “skilful gadget freak” who dodges cyber monitoring and has introduced iPhone as part of communication setup because of its near fool proof security systems.
The phone, the newspaper said, was recovered in February last when the rebel gave cops a slip but left his phone in the car, somewhere in Pulwama.
“For days, we used every local techie’s help to break the phone’s lock. We failed because the phone provides layers of security cover for consumers. We could see an emerging trend among militants to avoid other brands of phones but not iPhones due to its security features,” the newspaper quoted a counter-insurgency top official, saying. “Sources said the local police then turned to the National Investigating Agency (NIA) for help to break into the phone.”
The newspaper said that in March, the iPhone7 was sent to Delhi and Hyderabad for unlocking. Now it has been shipped to the US. Apple has a history of not cooperating with the US security agencies in the fundamental security issues. It has earlier refused help. But it remains to be seen if the ally US can help Delhi in cracking an iPhone that is believed to be carrying a lot of information. The non-Kashmiri militant who is heading Lashkar since October 2015, has survived five raids on his hideouts and two naka parties, fleeing almost after confronting them.

After 16 years in jail, Kashmiri PhD student acquitted in Sabarmati train blasts case

Barabanki: The Barabanki session court on Saturday, May 20, acquitted Gulzar Ahmed Wani for lack of evidence in Sabarmati express train blast case after sixteen years of incarceration.

 

Gulzar a resident of Thaparpore, Pattan in north Kashmir Baramullah district was arrested in 2001 when he was just 28 and was pursuing his PhD from Department of Arabic, Aligarh Muslim University.“He along with another accused Mubeen were released by the Barabanki session court of all the charges in Sabarmati blast case by the court today,” said APCR National coordinator, Advocate Abubakr Sabbaq who was defending Gulzar.

 

Gulzar was implicated in numerous blasts and alleged of involved in various conspiracies and slapped with 14 FIRs in different police stations of Delhi, Maharashtra and UP and he stands acquitted in all the cases.

 

On April 25 last month, when a bail application of Gulzar was moved to Supreme Court, the bench comprising of Chief Justice J S Khehar and Justice D Y Chandrachud termed the incarceration of Gulzar a shame and had warned UP government of completing the examination of witness by Nov 1 otherwise it will grant bail to him.

 

“Out of 11 cases, he has been acquitted in 10 cases. What a shame! The problem is that you want to keep him inside the jail but not complete the trial. He was acquitted in all other cases,” the bench had observed.

More details to follow soon.

By Raqib Hameed Naik

Pakistan Army lodges protest with UNMOGIP against Indian ceasefire violations

Pakistan Army on Wednesday lodged a protest before military observers from United Nations against ‘unprovoked’ Indian aggression and firing on civilians from across the Line of Control (LoC).

“United Nations Military Observers at UNMOGIP were invited to GHQ to register a protest over unprovoked ceasefire violations and targeting of civilian population by Indian Army,” said a statement issued by Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR).

The observers were informed that the Indian army has violated ceasefire agreement on May 10, 13 and 16, added the statement.

“Indian Army used small arms, automatic and heavy calibre weapons, heavy mortars (122 mm) and field artillery in Sabzkot, Baroh, Tandar, Khuiratta, Kot Koterra and Karela Sectors to target Pakistani villages,” further added the statement from the military’s media wing.


The observers were also told that a civilian was killed and 15 others, including women and children, injured when Indian troops resorted to firing.UN military observers were informed of the latest situation along the LOC, said ISPR.

Reports Dawn. 

Social media ban likely to Continue in Kashmir 

The state government today indicated that it may continue with the social media ban in the Kashmir valley as the ground situation has still not improved.

While seeking more time before the government actually reviews the order, the state counsel today submitted before the High Court that there was no improvement in the situation in the Valley and it was actually going from bad to worse.

Observing that the social media ban cannot be a “permanent fixture”, the High Court today directed the state government to review the “impugned” order and file a reply by May 24, the next date of hearing.

Citing maintenance of public order, the government on April 26 ordered a one-month ban on 22 social media sites, mobile phone messengers and video-uploading sites in the Valley by invoking the provision of the Indian Telegraph Act, 1885.

However, the ban order was challenged by two petitioners before the High Court, which on May 8 issued notices to the respondents with directions to the J&K Government to file objections by May 16.

As the matter came up before the court today, Additional Advocate General Bashir Ahmad Dar, representing J&K Government, sought time to file objections.

However, at this point, Justice Sudhakar Ramalingam observed that “the ban cannot be a permanent fixture”, saying that there must be “periodical reviews” after assessing the situation.

“In the interest of justice, the respondents are given one more opportunity to file a reply by May 24,” Justice Sudhakar observed in his orders.

Meanwhile, Dar further submitted that a lot of lives had been lost due to the misuse of social media, adding that it was for the same reason that state was regulating social media in Kashmir.

Source: Tribune 

This Kid from Kashmir suffering from Cancer needs help

A young father-of-two from central Kashmir’s Budgam district has appealed for help to raise Rs 22 lakh to save the life of his son who suffers from leukemia.

Mohammad Ashiq’s appeal comes just three months ahead of his son Syed Abuzar’s fifth birthday.

Ashiq, a resident of remote Surasyar village, says he has sold whatever hecould lay his hands on to fund the treatment of his son since 2014 when he
was diagnosed with “isolated CNS relapsed pre B ALL” – a type of cancer.

After initial treatment at SKIMS Soura, Ashiq travelled to Delhi and Mumbai
to find the best treatment available for his ailing son.

Doctors, he says, have advised stem cell transplant with a note that it
“needs to be done as soon as possible”.

“He needs to be started on re-induction chemotherapy and provided that he has a good response with CNS being negative and marrow also negative byMRD, will need a stem cell transplant to consolidate his therapy and this
needs to be done as soon as possible,” reads a note by Dr Santanu Sen at Kokilaben Dhirubai Ambani hospital and medical Research Institute.

“The total cost of BMT (Bone Marrow Transplant) will be in the range of18-20 lakhs, approximately. The cost of Re-induction therapy will be approximately 1.5 to 2 lakhs,” it adds.

Abuzar is currently battling through a course of chemotherapy at SKIMS Soura.

If you want to help fund his treatment, please call on this number +91 70062 99877 or alternately transfer money into the bank account given below.

Account No: 0008040100030300

Syed Ashique Elahi

Jammu and Kashmir Bank

Branch: Chadoora

IFSC code: JAKA0CHADOO

World Doesn’t Accept India’s Opinion on Kashmir: Sartaj Aziz 

New Delhi: Pakistan foreign affairs minister Sartaj Aziz on Monday said India’s contention that Kashmir is an issue of cross-border terrorism is something the world is not prepared to accept today.

Criticising the Indian government, particularly in the light of unrest that ensued the killing of Hizbul Mujahideen leader Burhan Wani, Sartaj alleged that “India had broken its own record of brutality in Kashmir”.

“International community rejects the Indian attempt to portray this issue merely as one of terrorism,” Aziz said, a day after Pakistan army mutilated the bodies of two army jawans, exacerbating the already bad relationship.

“Pakistan army carried out unprovoked rocket and mortar firing on two forward posts along the Line of Control in Krishna Ghati sector. Simultaneously, a Border Action Team (BAT) action was launched on a patrol operating in between the two posts. In an unsoldierly act by the Pak Army, the bodies of two of our soldiers in the patrol were mutilated,” a statement by the Indian Army said.

Pakistan, however, continued to be in denial and affirmed that it can never “disrespect a soldier even Indian”.

Aziz questioned the credibility of India’s proposal for bilateral dialogue, calling it no longer reliable, for “India has scuttled all opportunities for a meaningful dialogue to resolve the Kashmir issue”.

Meanwhile, the Director General of Military Operations of India and Pakistan conversed over the hotline in which “Pakistan rejected India’s allegations of ceasefire violation and mutilation of bodies of Indian soldiers,” PTI reported.

RUSH TO BUILD BUNKERS IN AZAD KASHMIR AS FEARS GROW

NEELUM VALLEY: Residents in Azad Kashmir are racing to build underground bunkers for the first time since the 1990s, frightened by what they say is the worst cross-border violence since a ceasefire was agreed in 2003.


Months of tension between India and Pakistan have erupted into shellings and gunfire across the disputedKashmir frontier, claiming the lives of dozens of people, including civilians.

People in Azad Kashmir’s Neelum Valley say the attacks come once or twice a week, and they never know when they might have to dive for cover.

Chand Bibi has concrete and steel rods waiting to be transformed into an underground bunker where her terrified family can take shelter as the monstrous boom of shelling reawakens old nightmares.

“You are talking about fear,” the 62-year-old says. “We are near to dying at the moment we hear the boom.

“The voice of the guns is horrible.”

When it comes, Bibi and her relatives pile blankets, quilts and clothes on top of their children to muffle the noise and their panic.

Soon the extended family of about 20 people will be able to flee underground to the bunker they have paid 300,000 Pakistani rupees ($3,000) to build — just under the cost of constructing a mud house in the valley, where the average worker makes around 800 rupees per day.

Sultan Ahmed is spending even more: up to 500,000 rupees for a three metre by four metre (10 foot by 14 foot) space reinforced by more than 20 centimetres (eight inches) of concrete, fortified with steel rods, and buried under nearly a metre of soil.

Some 25 people will be able to take shelter inside the bunker once it is completed, the 47-year-old teacher says.

Local mason Ghulam Hussain tells AFP his business has increased because of the renewed violence, as he packs his tools after finishing a bunker at one house to rush to another and start again.

Around half a million people live within range of Indian fire along the Pakistani side of the Line of Control, the de facto border that has divided the Himalayan region since 2003, according to Farooq Haider Khan, leader of Azad Kashmir.

He says the government plans to build “community bunkers”.

STABLE PAKISTAN IS GUARANTEE FOR SUCCESS OF KASHMIR LIBERATION: AJK PM 

Says Indian aggression at LOC is a failed attempt to divert attention of world community from the human rights violation in Occupied Kashmir.

JK Prime Minister Raja Farooq Haider Khan has said that Azad kashmir is the first defence line of pakistan and kashmiris are standing shoulder to shoulder with the armed forces to frustrate the nefarious designs of enemy.

He was addressing National Security Workshop in Muzaffarabad on Saturday.

He said that Pak Army is fully capable to give befitting response to any Indian misadventure.

AJK Prime Minister said a strong and stablepakistan is a great guarantee for the success ofkashmir liberation struggle.

He said Indian aggression at Line of Control is its failed attempt to divert attention of world community from the deteriorating human rights situation in Occupied kashmir.

Azad J&K President Masood Khan invites Chinese investors to invest in Azad Kashmir

Islamabad: A nine-member delegation of Chinese investment group led by Senator Talha Mahmood called on AJK President Masood Khan in Islamabad.   

They discussed matters of mutual interest, including progress on China-Pakistan Economic Corridor project. 

On the occasion, the AJK President said accomplishment of CPEC will take Pakistan-China to the new heights. 

Masood Khan invited the Chinese investors to invest in Azad Kashmir as well, and assured them his full support in this regard.

Powered by WordPress.com.

Up ↑